Below are three attempts on how to get your password to log in.
••••• Attempt 1: Spam Filter •••••
Oftentimes,computer-generated emails (such as the password email) are automatically blocked by your email provider in order to reduce spam. Here is what you want to do:
- Log into your online email inbox. For example, if you use GCI, do not open the mail client (Microsoft Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.), you want to log onto the internet site, such as www.gci.net.
- Once you are properly logged in, check your "Spam" or "Junk" mailboxes. Once you find the email (from firstname.lastname@example.org), open the message.
- Once you open it, you will be be able to see all or just the text in the message. Here is where your temporary password is stored.
- Somewhere on the page, it will probably have a link that reads "Not Junk," "Safe Sender," or something similar. You want to select this option in order to prevent ScoutLander emails from being quarantined on the server.
••••• Attempt 2: Resend Password •••••
This might work, although if ScoutLander emails are still being blocked,this will just be repetitive. Be sure to try Attempt 1 first.
- Log on to the Troop 229 website.
- At the top, you will see "Member Login." Follow this link.
- Enter the email address that you received this email with.
- Press "Forgot Password."
- Check your email inbox for the confirmation of your password.
••••• Attempt 3: Help! •••••
Note:All passwords on ScoutLander are stored encrypted - nobody can see any passwords - so I cannot tell you what your password is. I can, however, have the system generate a random password (or set it to a temporary password of your choosing), after which, the system will send you an email notification of the changed password.